'58 Quiet Coil Strat® Pickup
The all new patent applied for Mojotone ‘58 “Quiet Coil™ strat pickups beautifully capture the warmth and clarity of a ‘58 strat pickup with that extra fat low midrange associated with many of the best sounding 1958 strat pickups. Carefully balanced in output from the neck, middle, to bridge positions, and completely hum-canceling in ALL positions!
If you have any questions about the Strat Quiet Coil Pickups, please check out our Mojotone Quiet Coil Strat Pickups FAQ.
Our approach was very simple, to make a hum-cancelling strat pickup that looks and sounds like a real single coil with minimal parts and adhering to actual vintage single coil attributes. Aside from the parts and materials used, we also matched the resonant peak frequency, and inductance of a vintage single coil, so they sit right in the frequency response and feel of a traditional single coil, without having to compensate for it. ‘58 “Quiet Coil strat pickups are passive and only use the same parts and materials found in original vintage ‘58 strat pickups.
No batteries, stacked coils, or anything else associated with other hum-canceling pickups were used in our design. The result is simply the most pure and authentic strat tone possible, with absolutely no loss of true single coil tone.
NOTE: With all Mojotone “Quiet Coil” pickups, you never have to worry about string spacing and fretboard radius issues, or the magnets pulling the strings out of tune, and you can bend the strings heavily without ever losing focus or sustain. All of this while achieving perfect single coil strat tone and absolutely no hum!
Quiet Coil Design Features:
- Consistent scatterwound coils for that handwound tone, sensitivity, and clarity.
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage strat pickup.
- Vintage cloth covered leads for easy push-back soldering.
- Matched resonant peak frequency, inductance, and resistance of a vintage single coil.
- Vintage staggered polepieces for a traditional strat pickup look.
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs.
- Less than 10 parts are used to build the Quiet Coils. Like a vintage strat pickup, they are SIMPLE!
Magnet: Alnico 5
Also Featured In
Ratings & Reviews
If I had to sum up the sound of these 58 quiet coils in one word I'd say "spanky"! These have all the character and sparkle of single coils and of course no noise! I'm very pleased with the pu'ps and the customer service.
I'm very impressed with the 58 hot bridge set I purchased... nice work... I find them to be the best I've crossed yet for quiet singles.. they are wonderful, shimmer yet are not annoying.. sounds like a great strat to me.. wonderful with my distortion pedals... can't wait to record with them next... I'm in love with playing single cols again, I have been only using under wound bridge with a single coil neck but now i'm using all the strat tone again with the quiet coils...