Hot Quiet Coil Strat® Bridge Pickup
The HOT “Quiet Coil™” bridge pickup is a perfect match with our '67 or '58 Quiet Coils in the neck and middle positions for hum-cancelling performance and pure single coil tone.
If you have any questions about the Strat Quiet Coil Pickups, please check out our Mojotone Quiet Coil Strat Pickups FAQ.
Our approach was very simple, to make a hum-cancelling strat pickup that looks and sounds like a real single coil with minimal parts and adhering to actual vintage single coil attributes. Aside from the parts and materials used, we also matched the resonant peak frequency, and inductance of a vintage single coil, so they sit right in the frequency response and feel of a traditional single coil, without having to compensate for it. The HOT “Quiet Coil™” is still very much like a single coil with more midrange and bass for a heavier blues tone with sustain.
No PC boards, batteries, stacked coils, or anything else associated with other hum-canceling pickups were used in our design. The result is simply the most pure and authentic strat tone possible, with absolutely no loss of true single coil tone.
NOTE: With all Mojotone “Quiet Coil™” pickups, you never have to worry about string spacing and radius issues, or the magnets pulling the strings out of tune, and you can bend the strings heavily without ever losing focus or sustain. All of this while achieving perfect single coil strat tone and absolutely no hum!
Quiet Coil Design Features:
- Consistent scatterwound coils for that handwound tone, sensitivity, and clarity.
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage strat pickup.
- Vintage cloth covered leads for easy push-back soldering.
- Matched resonant peak frequency, inductance, and resistance of a vintage single coil.
- Vintage staggered polepieces for a traditional strat pickup look.
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs.
- Less than 10 parts are used to build the Quiet Coils. Like a vintage strat pickup, they are SIMPLE!
Magnet: Alnico 5
Ratings & Reviews
Guys ,thank you for all your efforts. You have nailed the old Strat sound I've been looking for years, with no noise.. The tone is dead nutz on the old 50's early 60's tone. I got the hot tone in the bridge and the others are the 58's ,no 60 cycle noise and I use the mid cont. as a blender(awesome idea),You guys really made me and ears very happy . B.B.
I just put them into Fender I sold to my customer, and oooh man how they sound. If Rene Martinez SRV ones were in my top 5 pickups, these were at least as good as them and without any hum. I don't know what you did with these but, man you did well. If I can decide strat pickups to any of my builds after this experience they will be these. You can imagine how many pickups I have installed and tested in recent years and these were one of the top. Well done.