Hot Quiet Coil Strat® Bridge Pickup
The HOT “Quiet Coil™” bridge pickup is a perfect match with our '67 or '58 Quiet Coils in the neck and middle positions for hum-cancelling performance and pure single coil tone.
If you have any questions about the Strat Quiet Coil Pickups, please check out our Mojotone Quiet Coil Strat Pickups FAQ.
Our approach was very simple, to make a hum-cancelling strat pickup that looks and sounds like a real single coil with minimal parts and adhering to actual vintage single coil attributes. Aside from the parts and materials used, we also matched the resonant peak frequency, and inductance of a vintage single coil, so they sit right in the frequency response and feel of a traditional single coil, without having to compensate for it. The HOT “Quiet Coil™” is still very much like a single coil with more midrange and bass for a heavier blues tone with sustain.
No batteries, stacked coils, or anything else associated with other hum-canceling pickups were used in our design. The result is simply the most pure and authentic strat tone possible, with absolutely no loss of true single coil tone.
NOTE: With all Mojotone “Quiet Coil™” pickups, you never have to worry about string spacing and radius issues, or the magnets pulling the strings out of tune, and you can bend the strings heavily without ever losing focus or sustain. All of this while achieving perfect single coil strat tone and absolutely no hum!
Quiet Coil Design Features:
- Consistent scatterwound coils for that handwound tone, sensitivity, and clarity.
- Vintage formulated Alnico magnet cores with lower Gauss levels like an aged vintage strat pickup.
- Vintage cloth covered leads for easy push-back soldering.
- Matched resonant peak frequency, inductance, and resistance of a vintage single coil.
- Vintage staggered polepieces for a traditional strat pickup look.
- No routing modifications are required to fit shallow vintage routs like the taller stacked hum-cancelling designs.
- Less than 10 parts are used to build the Quiet Coils. Like a vintage strat pickup, they are SIMPLE!
Magnet: Alnico 5
Ratings & Reviews
Just received a '67 Quiet Coil wired pick guard. The wiring job is superb! I've never seen such care taken to do it right, it beats anything I've seen in my factory Fenders.
I'm really impressed and look forward to getting it wired into my Strat tomorrow to hear how it sounds.
I recently swapped out my most recent partscaster noiseless pickups that in all honesty, I was very happy with but felt were a little HiFi. I purchased and installed the 58 set after seeing the clips on YouTube on the MojoTone site. I was absolutely blown away at the tone and balance of the pickups! I have tried almost every brand of noiseless and have always felt a little short changed with the dynamics that most other brands had. The 58's are, by far, the best 50's style pickup I have ever had in a noiseless format!! I am anxious for the tele design to be introduced so I can use those for my next build.