Solderless Tele 4-Way Mod Guitar Wiring Harness
Do you like swapping pickups, or maybe you don't want to solder because you're afraid of messing things up? Our solderless assemblies provide the easiest solution and most reliable connections with a simple push and release of a button. All while offering a superior quality electronic upgrade for your guitar.
No bulky plugs or add-ons are needed for our solderless harness to work. Just strip back your existing wires from your pickups and guitar, insert them into our solderless connector, and you're done! * Please note, you may have to enlarge the slot on your control plate for the 4th position to fully engage.
- Push-in solderless wire connection for quick installation and easy pickup swaps!
- Vintage quality USA branded components (Switchcraft, Mojotone, Oak Grigsby, and CTS)!
- Smooth custom taper, CTS industrial potentiometers with solid brass bushings and the tightest tolerances available.
- Handcrafted and hermetically sealed Mojotone Vitamin T oil-filled tone caps!
- Handwired point-to-point by Mojotone in the USA!
4-Way Mod Control Functions:
Position 1: Bridge
Position 2: Bridge and Neck (Parallel) Standard Tele sound.
Position 3: Neck
Position 4: Neck and Bridge (Series) Fat humbucker tone!
- (2) CTS 250k vintage taper solid shaft potentiometers
- (1) Oak Grigsby USA 4-way lever switch (Switch tip sold separately)
- (1) Switchcraft USA mono input jack
- (1) Mojotone Vitamin T Oil Filled .047uf capacitor
- (1) Treble Bleed (Preserves highs on volume control)
- (1) Detailed wiring diagram and instructions
Guitars made overseas may require you to enlarge the holes for the larger US spec pots to fit. You will also need to change the metric knobs to inch sized set screw knobs and the switch tip. See related items.
4-way mod requires a separate wire from the neck pickup cover (if it has a cover) for shielding. If you don't have this wire, you can cut the jumper from the cover to the eyelet and solder a separate wire to the cover.
Some control plates need the switch slot to be slightly elongated for the extra travel on the 4-way switch. This can be done with a small file or metal saw blade.
Ratings & Reviews
by Jerry Hency -
Unfortunately the 4-way switch included in this harness has a wide throw that was not compatible with the slot in a Fender control plate. It would hit the plate before achieving complete throw at each end. Also the pots are fat and there was a gob of solder right at the far end of the tone pot that made it not fit in my Warmoth body. I had to remove shielding and grind away wood from the body. Now I have already done that and the switch does not work either so I am going to have to solder in my previous 4-way switch that fit the same control plate just fine. So much for solder-less. The little wire terminal seems like a neat idea but only if you really like changing pickups frequently.
From Boring to Bada$$
by Michael L -
I upgraded my Squier Tele with this mod and a pair of Fender Vintage Reissue pickups. The Wiring harness is brilliant. Smooth pots, even tone and volume control all the way through the spectrum. The vast amount of possible tones is amazing. Even though the project took a couple twists and turns, in the final analysis, I would put this guitar up against any Tele on the market.
I will definitely be back for future builds and modification projects.