Solderless Thinline Tele 4-Way Mod Guitar Wiring Harness
Do you like swapping pickups, or maybe you don't want to solder because you're afraid of messing things up? Our solderless assemblies provide the easiest solution and most reliable connections with a simple push and release of a button. All while offering a superior quality electronic upgrade for your guitar.
No bulky plugs or add-ons are needed for our solderless harness to work. Just strip back your existing wires from your pickups and guitar, insert them into our solderless connector, and you're done! * Please note, you may have to enlarge the slot on your control plate for the 4th position to fully engage.
- Push-in solderless wire connection for quick installation and easy pickup swaps!
- Vintage quality USA branded components (Switchcraft, Mojotone, Oak Grigsby, and CTS)!
- Smooth custom taper, CTS industrial potentiometers with solid brass bushings and the tightest tolerances available.
- Handcrafted and hermetically sealed Mojotone Vitamin T oil-filled tone caps!
- Handwired point-to-point by Mojotone in the USA!
4-Way Mod Control Functions:
Position 1: Bridge
Position 2: Bridge and Neck (Parallel) Standard Tele sound.
Position 3: Neck
Position 4: Neck and Bridge (Series) Fat humbucker tone!
- (2) CTS 250k vintage taper solid shaft potentiometers
- (1) Oak Grigsby USA 4-way lever switch (Switch tip sold separately)
- (1) Switchcraft USA mono input jack
- (1) Mojotone Vitamin T Oil Filled .047uf capacitor
- (1) Treble Bleed (Preserves highs on volume control)
- (1) Detailed wiring diagram and instructions
Guitars made overseas may require you to enlarge the holes for the larger US spec pots to fit. You will also need to change the metric knobs to inch sized set screw knobs and the switch tip. See related items.
4-way mod requires a separate wire from the neck pickup cover (if it has a cover) for shielding. If you don't have this wire, you can cut the jumper from the cover to the eyelet and solder a separate wire to the cover.
Some control plates need the switch slot to be slightly elongated for the extra travel on the 4-way switch. This can be done with a small file or metal saw blade.
Ratings & Reviews
I Love These Solderless Harnesses
by Matthew -
Install was super easy . I have Essential Tremors and can not solder to save my life. The little bit of work I needed to do to get this harness installed was pretty effortless.
Components are quality and workmanship is way better than I could ever do myself.
I installed on a MIM Thinline Tele that was just ridiculously noisy and it made a huge difference.
This purchase was my 3rd Tele harness. I really appreciate the easy install and the ability to change out pickups when I want to. No extra cost, no wait.