Building on the platform of the Blue, the Gold is a higher-powered, Alnico-magnet speaker that recreates the unmistakable sonic signature of a ‘well played-in’ original. Over time, the high frequencies of a Blue soften and become less chalky as the cone becomes more flexible – a much sought after characteristic that the Gold exhibits straight out of the box. Also present in the Gold sound from the outset is an added warmth and complexity in the midrange which, coupled with the classic Alnico qualities of a laid-back attack, rounded low end and brilliant belllike highs, deliver huge rhythm voicings and saturated vocal lead tones.
The Gold is a wonderfully expressive and revealing loudspeaker, affording guitarists an unprecedented degree of dynamic control. It has already become a favourite for many working players worldwide whether picking and bending with Brad Paisley, or rocking hard with Danny Spitz of Anthrax.General Specifications
- Nominal diameter: 12"
- Power Rating: 50W
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω and 15Ω
- Sensitivity: 100dB
- Chassis type: Pressed steel
- Voice coil diameter: 1.75"
- Voice coil material: Round copper
- Magnet type: Alnico
- Frequency range: 75-5000Hz
- Resonance frequency, Fs: 75Hz
- DC resistance, Re: 6.4Ω & 11.8Ω
- Diameter: 12.2"
- Overall depth: 6.5"
- Magnet structure diameter: 5.0"
- Cut-out diameter: 11.1"
- Mounting slot dimensions: 0.31"
- Number of mounting slots: 4
- Mounting slot PCD: 11.7"
- Unit weight: 9.3lb