Celestion guitar speakers have been an important part of British guitar tone since the birth of Rock & Roll. Traditionally, they’re known for lively and vocal midrange character with plenty of sparkle and chime, which turns into an exciting growl when overdriven, often compressing when pushed hard.
Inspired by our favourite modern American tones, the A-Type is a different kind of guitar speaker from Celestion. Of course, it still has the musical and revealing three- dimensional quality that is the heart and soul of a Celestion guitar speaker, however it features a more laid-back midrange which reveals body and complexity in the upper register, accompanied by full and rounded low frequencies.
The A-Type conveys a fluid, even performance with an increased headroom threshold that allows your amp’s tone to shine through. Clean players will love the smooth articulation; for rockers the brooding, powerful low end threatens thunder that’s only a heavy riff away!General Specifications
- Nominal diameter: 12"
- Power rating: 50W
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω & 16Ω
- Sensitivity: 98dB
- Chassis type: Pressed steel
- Voice coil diameter: 1.75"
- Voice coil material: Round copper
- Magnet type: Ceramic
- Magnet weight: 35oz,
- Frequency range: 75-5000Hz
- Resonance frequency, Fs: 75Hz
- DC resistance, Re: 6.2Ω & 12.7Ω
- Cut-out diameter: 11.1"
- Diameter: 12.2"
- Magnet structure diameter: 5.7"
- Mounting slot dimensions: 0.31"
- Mounting slot PCD: 11.7"
- Number of mounting slots: 8
- Overall depth: 5.1"
- Unit weight: 7.7lb.