The 4-way Fender Tele mod kit uses a custom 4-way switch to give you a fat series humbucker tone in the 4th position while retaining the standard Tele switching functions in the other 3 positions. Use 1/4'' diameter set screw knobs for the solid shaft pots.
- Mojotone custom CTS 250k solid shaft potentiometers
- Oak Grigsby 4-way switch
- Switchcraft mono input jack
- Mojotone Vitamin T Oil Filled .047uf capacitor
- Pre-tinned cloth covered wire
- Volume mod (Treble Bleed)
2. Bridge & Neck in Parallel
4. Bridge & Neck in Series (Fat Humbucker Tone)Note:
1. If your Tele neck pickup only has 2 wires and a cover, you will need to isolate and add a 3rd wire to the cover for the 4-way mod to work properly.
2. You may also need to lengthen the slot on your control plate for the switch to fully engage into the 1st and 4th position.
3. Guitars made overseas may require you to enlarge the holes for the larger US spec pots to fit. You will also need to change the metric knobs to inch sized 24-knurl push-on knobs and the switch tip.