This classic guitar speaker actually started life as a radio speaker that was modified specifically for use in electric guitar amplifiers. In its original incarnation as the G12 T530 it appeared in several colour variations, but it was the Blue version, fitted as standard into Vox AC30 amps, that secured its place in guitar tone history.
The Blue found favour with notable guitarists like Brian May, due to its glorious dampened attack, warm lows, mellow upper-mids and brilliant belllike top-end. When coupled with a suitable amplifier it evokes rich definition and develops beautiful musical compression when pushed. According to tone enthusiasts worldwide, the Blue is the benchmark for guitar speaker perfection.General Specification
- Nominal diameter: 12", 305mm
- Power Rating: 15W
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω and 15Ω
- Sensitivity: 100dB
- Chassis type: Pressed steel
- Voice coil diameter: 1.75"
- Voice coil material: Round copper
- Magnet type: Alnico
- Frequency range: 75-5000Hz
- Resonance frequency, Fs: 75Hz
- DC resistance, Re: 6.4Ω & 11.8Ω
- Diameter: 12.2"
- Overall depth: 6.5"
- Magnet structure diameter: 5.0"
- Cut-out diameter: 11.1"
- Mounting slot dimensions: 0.31"
- Number of mounting slots: 4
- Mounting slot PCD: 11.7"
- Unit weight: 9.3lb